When faced with a problem at work, you may not know where to turn for guidance. We can help. If you feel you have been or are being sexually harassed or mocked because of your race or national origin, it is imperative that you call on an experienced Los Angeles employment lawyer who deals exclusively in employment law and does so creatively and tenaciously. We work relentlessly to help you achieve the best possible outcome.
At Davis*Gavsie & Hakim, LLP, we have determined and insightful attorneys. Roxanne A. Davis and Frank Hakim have more than 40 years of combined experience working as Beverly Hills sexual harassment and discrimination lawyers in Santa Monica and surrounding communities.
At-will employment does not give employers the right to break the law. This may seem confusing, but with the assistance of the experienced and knowledgeable legal counsel at Davis*Gavsie & Hakim, LLP, we can help you work through the following employment law matters:
For The Employee
- Wrongful termination: If you feel that you were fired unjustly, or your employer violated a contract, call us.
- Sexual harassment: If you, a friend or family member has been subjected to unwanted sexual advances, comments, jokes or other such mistreatment at work, call us immediately.
- Unlawful harassment: If you or a co-worker has been harassed because of his or her age, race, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or pregnancy, call us.
- Discrimination: If you feel that you are being treated differently at work due to your age, race, pregnancy, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or religion, call us.
- Unpaid wages: If you have not been paid all of your wages, overtime, commissions, vacation pay at termination or bonus, call us. If you have not been given the appropriate meal or rest breaks, call us.
- Retaliation: Whistleblowers and others who report discrimination or harassment within the workplace cannot be fired for doing so. If this happens to you, call us. If you have been retaliated against for reporting/protesting unsafe or unhealthful working conditions, or for reporting/protesting other unlawful conduct, call us.
- Contract and severance negotiation: When negotiating an employment contract or if you have been presented with a severance package, you need an advocate who will make sure that your best interests are being protected, so call us.
- Pre-litigation and litigation: Time permitting, we will try to resolve your concerns before filing a lawsuit. But when all else fails, we are relentless in fighting for your rights in court.
For The Employer
- Employer Advice and Counsel: We can help you navigate the morass of Employment Law, teaching you how to comply with the law, treat your employees with respect and avoid or minimize the damage from lawsuits.
- Anti-harassment training: California Law requires that Supervisors/Managers receive Anti-Harassment Training every two years for businesses with 50 or more employees. We offer this training to any employer who desires it. Call us.
- Employee handbooks: Employee handbooks help your business comply with various California laws, communicate your business’ expectations to employees, provide information that inform your employees what are the rules of your workplace and can assist in avoiding lawsuits. We can help employers write a handbook efficiently and effectively.
- Workplace investigations: If an employer has been accused of wrongful termination, harassment or discrimination, we can conduct an investigation to determine the validity of the claim.
- Litigation preventative measures: California employment law is complex. It is a minefield. We can proactively help you to make sure your business complies with the law and minimize the chance of being sued by employees. When you get that lawyer letter on behalf of an employee, give us a call and we will guide you through it. We pride ourselves on being efficient with your goals in mind.
Employment law is a well-established body of statutes and judicial decisions covering all rights and obligations within the employer-employee relationship, including current employees, job applicants and former employees. It covers a wide range of legal issues, ranging from employment discrimination and wrongful termination to matters involving wages and workplace safety. Many employment law issues are governed by applicable federal and state employment law, but a number of issues are determined according to basic contract law.
Contact Us For A Free Phone Consultation
At Davis*Gavsie & Hakim, LLP, we offer a free phone consultation. Our office is open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., but we offer after-hours and weekend appointments to those in need. We speak Farsi. Call 310-955-4724 or fill out a contact form for more information.